Remodeling your home can quickly eat away into your wallet. Although a lot of projects are simply too expensive for many individuals, painting the exterior of your home can be very affordable. Not only does a new paint job on the exterior of your home introduce a new look to your neighbors, but it also keeps your home protected from the unpredictable weather that we deal with in Minneapolis, MN. Team up with our exterior painting contractors at Home Drywall and Painting! Through 25 years of experience, we do not miss a beat when it comes to exterior painting.
Important Exterior Painting Steps
In order to ensure that our customers are receiving the best painting services around, we make sure that no critical steps in the process are ever missed. These steps include:
- Washing – First and foremost, the exterior of the home should be thoroughly washed, getting rid of any dirt, mildew or aged paint. We use a pressure washer to make sure the home is ready for its new look.
- Scraping – If your house was built before 1978, making sure that the lead based paint is thoroughly removed should be a high priority. The scraping process gets rid of any paint that may have peeled, chipped or bubbled up over time.
- Sanding – Sanding the wood after removal of paint will help provide an optimum finished product!
- Patching and Filling – Once the sanding is complete, it is important to re-evaluate the exterior of your home and fill any cracks and patch any areas that are in bad shape. Be sure that any rotten areas are removed and replaced during this step.
- Priming – This is a step you do not want to skip. Serving as the foundation of the paint job, primers seal and provide an excellent surface for the paint to stick to. If your home has any exposed nails, be sure to coat these with a metal primer so that rust does not seep through the exterior paint.
- Caulking – Make sure that the siding and trim of your home’s wood is caulked, helping to ensure a long life for the look of your residence.
- Painting – Now that all of the prep work is complete, our staff can finally get to work on transforming the look of your home. We offer superior painting products that offer ample life. Our focus on prep work helps ensure that the final look of your home is immaculate.
Although these steps may look intimidating to someone from the outside, they are standard protocol for our exterior painting contractor MN staff. If you live in Minneapolis, MN, and are looking for quality painting services, team up with Home Drywall and Painting today by calling (612) 816-5333.